Contact@Microchemlab.com | (512) 310-8378
Microchem Laboratory is active in the science of antimicrobials, surface disinfection, and infection control. This page details peer-reviewed studies done by other parties that we have found to be particularly intriguing or illuminating.
- McCaughey, B. (2008). Unnecessary Deaths: The Human and Financial Costs of Hospital Infections. (p. 70). Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths.
- Carling, P. C., Von Beheren, S., Kim, P., & Woods, C. (2008). Intensive care unit environmental cleaning: an evaluation in sixteen hospitals using a novel assessment tool. The Journal of Hospital Infection, 68(1), 39-44. doi: S0195-6701(07)00375-1.
- Carling PC, Briggs JL, Perkins J, Highlander D. Improved cleaning of patient rooms using a new targeting method. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;42:385–388. doi: 10.1086/499361.
- Huang, S. S., Datta, R., & Platt, R. (2006). Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants. Archives of Internal Medicine, 166(18), 1945-51. doi: 166/18/1945.
- Alfa M, Dueck C, Olson N, el al. (2008). UV-visible marker confirms that environmental persistence of Clostridium difficile spores in toilets of patients with C. difficile-associated diarrhea is associated with lack of compliance with cleaning protocol. BMC Infectious Diseases 2008, 8:64
- Griffith, C. J., Cooper, R. A., Gilmore, J., Davies, C., & Lewis, M. (2000). An evaluation of hospital cleaning regimes and standards. The Journal of Hospital Infection, 45(1), 19-28. doi: 10833340.
- Hota B, Blom DW, Lyle EA, Weinstein RA, Hayden MK. Interventional evaluation of environmental contamination by vancomycin-resistant enterococci: failure of personnel, product, or procedure? Journal of Hospital Infection. Volume 71, Issue 2, February 2009, Pages 123-131
- Mayfield, J. L., Leet, T., Miller, J., & Mundy, L. M. (2000). Environmental control to reduce transmission of Clostridium difficile. Clinical Infectious Diseases: An Official Publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, 31(4), 995-1000. doi: 11049782.
Adwords Conversion tracking: