Here are important trends to watch, by category in 2016:
- UV light will continue its winning streak. Look for smaller, more specialized devices like the recently patented CleanRemote.
- Disinfectants generated on-site like TK60 will gain clout with hospitals and other institutions.
- Surface Compatibility will emerge as a key consideration – pressure to drive down contact times has produced a slew of harsh disinfectants.
- Antimicrobial drug-device combinations will expand.
- Pressure on old cleaning/disinfection validation studies will be applied via updated FDA standards.
- Companies that make automated endoscope reprocessors will continue to exert increasing control over the high-level disinfectant market.
Personal Care Products
- Effective blends of consumer-preferable preservatives will continue to gain popularity.
- Small-sized companies will apply even more pressure to established brands.
- Successful cosmetic companies will grow faster than ever, like Honest Co.