Benjamin Tanner, Ph.D.
Benjamin Tanner is the President and CEO of Microchem Laboratory. He holds a Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Arizona where he studied environmental infectious disease transmission under Dr. Charles Gerba. He is the author of the book, Legal Aspects of Infectious Diseases and has served as an expert microbiologist in dozens of infection-related lawsuits. He founded Antimicrobial Test Laboratories in 2006 and Cosmetic Test Labs in 2012, which were later combined with Microchem Laboratory. He served as CEO of Clinical Research Laboratories (including subsidiaries CRL Suncare and Vivo Clinical Testing) from 2016 until its recent acquisition by Eurofins. Dr. Tanner’s current professional focus is the growth and development of Microchem Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable about EPA antimicrobial pesticide (disinfectant) regulations
- Knowledgeable about FDA medical device testing requirements
- Has overseen thousands of antimicrobial and medical device tests
- Keen interest in infection-prevention technological development
- Loves helping entry-level staff develop into skilled microbiologists and leaders
Dr. Tanner, what does ‘Science for Good’ mean to you?
“To me, “Science for Good” means talented scientists working closely with our clients to conduct great studies and bring powerful infection-fighting technologies to life.”